Our company is expanding and we are looking for a JS Developer to join our team either locally or remotely. Our ideal candidate for this position has a passion for Back-End and Front-End programming, enjoys working with other team members, and appreciates learning new things and having challenges to overcome.
You will be hired for a specific project with possibility of extending your work contract depending on upcoming projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build a chat server and front-end that can handle 10k people per room using NodeJS and WebSockets.
- Work with our team to develop project requirements and architecture.
- Create maintainable code incrementally while being involved in the development of the front-end client.
- Contribute to the architecture and integrate it using design patterns (delegator, factories etc..).
- Document your decisions and engage in discussions with the team regarding your choices and other potential options.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in Back-end Development, preferably using JS
- At least 2 years of experience in NodeJS development
- Strong OOP and Design Pattern knowledge and experience
- Experience working with high traffic applications and knowledge of how to optimize for them
- Experience using Redis (or similar ie: Memcached)
- Nice to have: Experience with AWS -- elastic beanstalk, RDS
- Nice to have: Experience with PHP and Laravel
- Nice to have: Experience with Vue.js or similar front-end frameworks
- Nice to have: Experience with Jira/Bitbucket/Agile
- Excellent command of the English language is required
- $45 to $55 per hour based on experience
- You will be hired for a specific project with possibility of extending your work contract depending on upcoming projects.
- Ability to work remotely
Thank you for your interest in working for Graphem Solutions Inc! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our database and will be considered for future opportunities.
Job Type: Contract